Please note that we are no longer accepting reservations. Thank you.
A Historic New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast
The Under the Elm Bed and Breakfast is an historic bed and breakfast on a quiet, private setting of 40 acres with pastoral views. One of the few surviving Elm Trees in New Hampshire stands on the west of the Inn, 80 feet tall and dwarfing the Inn as it has over the past 100 years, a reminder of days of old.
Enjoy New England-style Charm and Quiet Relaxation…
From the screened porch it is common to see deer grazing in the lower pasture. During season you may want to pick your own blueberries, raspberries, Concord grapes or apples.
Many simply take a walk down to the beaver pond, just sit quietly with a book to read and reflect. Others are here to enjoy the color in the Fall and relax Under the Elm.
Awake to the Aroma of a Home-cooked Breakfast…
Anyone who has stayed at the Inn compliments the full breakfast that includes home baked muffins or bread and fresh fruit. The “Under the Elm” breakfast is served any time between 8:00 and 9:00 AM on the screened porch or dining room with a fireplace, early paneling and wide pine board floor. Need to make an early start, a continental breakfast anytime.
You Can Do as Much, or as Little, as You Please…
Under the Elm is on the Strafford-Bow Lake Center bike route featured in the book “Cycling the Backroads.” It has a central location to Portsmouth, ocean beaches, mountains, hiking, bicycling, mountain biking, lakes, shopping, antiquing and the many NH attractions makes it a perfect for those that want to relax while having have all the options that NH has to offer. Conveniently located, Under the Elm offers comfortable accommodations with many seasonal activities with driving distances of:
- 5 minutes to the many antique shops of Northwood (Antique Alley)
- 5 minutes for a walk around the Meadows Park
- 10 minutes to hiking up Parker, Blue Job or Saddleback Mountain
- 10 minutes to Nippo Lake Golf Course
- 20 minutes to the campus of UNH
- 20 minutes to NH International Speedway in Loudon or Lee Speedway in Lee
- 30 minutes to the picturesque, port city of Portsmouth , Shaker Village, Krista McAuliffe Planetarium, Odiorne Point, Water Country, and outlet shopping
- 40 minutes to the beaches of the NH seacoast
- 50 minutes to Gunstock Recreation Area